General course staff alias: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this list for administrative questions.
- Eddie Kohler (email@example.com) Instructor
- Minlan Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org) Instructor
- Dhilan Ramaprasad (email@example.com)
- Emily Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jaylen Wang (email@example.com)
- Joshua Pan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Justin Wise (email@example.com)
- Lavanya Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Makayla Nyambura (email@example.com)
- Natalie Mona Matthews (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rose Hong (email@example.com)
- Tanner Marsh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Troy Appel (email@example.com)
- Varun Tekur (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- William Qian (email@example.com)
- Zach Yedidia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The course calendar is stored in Canvas.
You should be able to get a calendar feed from Canvas; look for the link labeled “Calendar feed”.
Instead of leading sections this semester, TFs will be responsible for leading lecture viewing sessions after each lecture. These will be held over Zoom, and the TF(s) present will be available to answer questions live. Students who are unable to attend the regularly-scheduled time for lecture are encouraged to attend a lecture viewing session for that lecture.
Lecture times and meeting information are available on the course calendar. Any remaining time after the lecture viewing will be available as office hours.
We will have regular weekly office hours, starting Tuesday, 9/8. We will occasionally schedule additional office hours.
Minlan has office hours on Tuesdays 10am-12pm ET. Check the calendar for changes.
TFs will hold office hours regularly throughout the week, with the intention of covering as many time zones as possible. Any time leftover from lecture viewing sessions will also be available as office hours.
Use Piazza, a question and answer site for courses. You’ve probably seen it before in other courses. By posting your questions to Piazza, you’ll not only get faster responses from the course staff, but you’ll also be able to get help from other students. We’ll consider your interactions on Piazza as course participation, so good discussions may improve your grade!
Of course, while you are welcome to discuss general tips and strategies on Piazza and help each other with technical problems, you may not share answers or code. We also encourage you to use Piazza judiciously. Many, if not most, of you are old enough to vote or to drive several-ton death machines on our nation’s roads. That means you’re also old enough to try to solve problems yourselves (you’ll learn more that way).
Administrative questions, problems with specific lines of code, and anything else too sensitive to post publicly should be marked private (for instructors to see only).
While we will endeavor to answer emails and posted questions in a timely fashion, we make no guarantees! Plan on responses taking up to 48 hours. This means that you should not expect immediate answers to emails sent or questions posted the night before homework is due!