Computer Science 61 and E61
Systems Programming and Machine Organization
- James Baskerville (email@example.com)
- Samantha Campo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michelle Cone (email@example.com)
- Victor Domene (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dan Fu (email@example.com)
- Mark Goldstein (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Amy Kang (email@example.com)
- Eddie Kohler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nicholas Larus-Stone (email@example.com)
- Graham Lustiber (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Truong Nam Nguyen Huy (email@example.com)
- Stefan Rajkovic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alex Sedlack (email@example.com)
- Margo Seltzer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wendy Woodin (email@example.com)
- Noah Wuerfel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Extension students wishing to attend section in person are welcome at any section not marked "College students only."
|Mondays, 7:30-9:00pm||MD 119||Alex and Mark|
|Wednesdays, 4:00-5:30pm||SC 309A||Noah and Nick|
|Wednesdays, 7:40-9:10pm||53 Church Street, room L01||Graham and Nam||Extension|
|Thursdays, 6:30-8:00pm||Cruft 309||Wendy and Dan|
We will have regular weekly office hours, starting Tuesday, 9/6. We will occasionally schedule additional office hours.
Margo says: My office hours are in MD 241. My office hours are Tuesdays before class (12:30 - 2:30pm EST), but I'm often in my office at other times. If the door is open and I'm available, I'm happy to meet. It may be better though to send email to set up a specific time.
Eddie says: I have office hours in MD 327, Wednesday 10am-12pm. I’m also often in my office, and if the door is open and I’m available, happy to meet. On problem set due dates I’ll hold additional OH.
Online extension OH: Call cs61staff on Skype.
Use Piazza, a question and answer site for courses. You’ve probably seen it before in other courses. By posting your questions to Piazza, you’ll not only get faster responses from the course staff, but you’ll also be able to get help from other students. We’ll consider your interactions on Piazza as course participation, so good discussions may improve your grade!
To sign up for CS 61 Piazza, visit piazza.com/harvard/fall2016/cs61.
Of course, while you are welcome to discuss general tips and strategies on Piazza and help each other with technical problems, you may not share answers or code. We also encourage you to use Piazza judiciously. Many, if not most, of you are old enough to vote or to drive several-ton death machines on our nation’s roads. That means you’re also old enough to try to solve problems yourselves (you’ll learn more that way).
Administrative questions, problems with specific lines of code, and anything else too sensitive to post publicly should be marked private (for instructors to see only).
You may send private questions to the staff email list, email@example.com. Please use this list for administrative questions.
While we will endeavor to answer emails and posted questions in a timely fashion, we make no guarantees! Plan on responses taking up to 48 hours. This means that you should not expect immediate answers to emails sent or questions posted the night before homework is due!