11/1/16: Finishing up Kernel programming & virtual memory
- We'll begin with exercises today!
- First, answer this short survey designed to check your understanding of kernel programming and virtual memory
- Next, if you have not finished the exercise from last Thursday, you may do so now.
- If you have finished the exercise, then here is a fun way to bring together multiple things we've learned in the course -- build kmalloc -- the kernel's malloc.
- The Evolution of the UNIX time-sharing system This is a lovely paper that explains some of the how and why behind the way we interact with operating systems today.